Sunday, January 20, 2008

Good Life

Yes, it really is after 3 AM when I am writing this... lol. To me, it is still really early. Thank goodness Michelle sleeps in until 11 or later still. Well, sometimes she gets up about 10, but still.

Anyways, this is going to be a serious entry. I know, shockingly, I can be serious! Sometimes I forget.

The last couple days, I have been feeling really lucky. I try to not take for granted all that I have, but sometimes something happens that really makes you step back and truly see what you have. Both of my sisters played a big part in that. Heath writes a blog that I read. Her latest entry about being sick the last couple days, but still feeling lucky about how she doesn't have any serious health problems made me appreciate my families good health so much more. She also raised a good question of if any of us would ever donate eggs for people to have kids. Many of you know about my PCOS and that we have been trying to have another baby for the last year and a half. Her question made me feel grateful that we are not to the point in trying that we need to consider that. I am so young, and we have so much time/options to try. And, honestly, as much as I would love another 3 or so kids, I have Michelle, and she is so perfect and healthy, I don't feel like I am missing anything. When Mike and I talked and decided to start trying, I told him that it wasn't that I felt like I was missing anything, it was just that I loved him and Michelle so much, that my heart grew so much bigger, and there was room in it for us to have another baby. I know that sounds super lame, but that honestly is how I feel. And even if some days I get sad/depressed about how my body doesn't do what a woman's body should do, all I have to do it look around, and watch Michelle as she plays and smiles and laughs, and I remember all I have been blessed with.

My sister Jess keeps me positive. She also has PCOS, and the fact that she has 5 gorgeous kids, gives me so much hope. I can come to her with questions, or just to vent, or to laugh, and I know she will help. She makes me feel so lucky because I know that on days I am feeling sad, she has been through all of this before, only she went through it at a time when there wasn't as much knowledge. She really gives me so much hope. And she is freakin' funny (BUTTS!!!!).


I just feel so lucky for everything I have. And anything bad I went through is fine. I would do it all over again, a million times, if it meant I would have what I have now. I can't complain about the past. Had it not been for it, I wouldn'ea
t be who I am. People might think it is crazy that I am 21 and have been married for 2 years already. Or people might look down on me that I got pregnant at 18. But I would do it all again the exact same way. People search their entire lives for someone to love them the way they deserve to be loved. And I know I have that. I know it. This is the love, that 10, 2o, 70 years down the road, it will be just as strong. And I have such amazing influences and friends in my life. People I can talk to, and complain to, and laugh with and cry with. People that I can talk to until 3 AM, and talk twice a day, for like 2 hours (atleast) a time, and still have more and more to talk about. People that I can call with a quick question, and stay on the phone with for what turns into hours. Or that I can call and quote Family Guy with. And for all I have, I am truly blessed, and I hope that I have expressed my gratitude to the people that have helped me in my life.

"
Here's to our problems
And here's to our fights
Here's to our achings
And here's to you having a Good life"

2 comments:

cosmo said...

what a nice entry, Linds! It's helpful to read about you feeling so lucky and happy, especially with you being so far away and not being able to see you much. It makes me feel better that everything is going well down in your neck-of-the-woods.
You should get more sleep though : ) Wait until you are old, like me. Sleep will be your favorite thing.

Jess said...

What a wonderful blog Linds (BUTT). It's great to see how content you are with your life (BUTT). I know life gets rough, but (BUTT) a positive thankful attitude makes you see the silver lining :)

(BUTT)
p.s.~ sorry I had to rush off the phone the other day...Bastian was sitting on Moira

(BUTT)
(giggity giggity)