Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ok so I just checked the date and realized.... THREE days until Christmas. And as I write this, I survey the room I am in, and see HUGE pile of presents, still in their bags, and no where near being wrapped. But in my defense, the wrapping paper is all the way in the walk through closet's cabinet, and that is in the bedroom. WAY too far. I plan on wrapping, of course, but I prefer the frenzied last minute wrapping. That is what really gives me that wonderful Christmas feeling. Plus, I don't think a two year old will critique my wrapping skills(or lack thereof)... Although, she is a stickler for reminding you to say "Thank You' and "Your Welcome".

My Mom sent down a delicious package today. Filled with cookies and a cake. Mmmmm, cake. I have been good resisting eating them all, but sometimes you just have to accept defeat.... That is a lesson my self control should learn, especially since it seldom wins. But I am fighting the good fight. Except right at this moment, I am having trouble remembering why it is the good fight. Let's talk about something else, shall we....

Christmas is normally my least favorite time of year. But this year, I feel myself getting happier about it.... Dare I even say, joyous?? I think it comes with having kids. Now I am not saying that I am ready to go caroling(I don't even know carol...) or that I am decking the halls. I can honestly say, my halls are deckless. And I am not at all saying that I still don't want to stab those inflatable decorations, because, trust me, I very much so do. But I think the excitement that Michelle gets over the lights, the tree, Santa, Snowmen, and all of the general Christmas festivities must be rubbing off on me a little. She is so genuinely excited about the Holiday, and not the presents. Very innocent. I wish I could bottle that sort of raw and real excitement. She is going to be really excited once she sees all the toys we got her!!! lol.

As I finish writing this, the front of my shirt is covered in the crumbs of the brave cookies that gave their life. We both put up a good fight, but in the end my will power didn't have the strength to resist, and once that gave, the cookies stood no chance.

No comments: