Tuesday, March 18, 2008

VACATION!!!!!

Phew, what a week. Last night we got back from an awesome NY vacation. It is so crazy to think of that as being a vacation, since it still seems(as long as I have Mike and Michelle with me) like I am home there. It is hard to believe it has been over 2 and a half years since I have lived there.

We got in Sunday night and spent the night and the next day at my best friend April's house. She has two boys(5 and 2) so Michelle had a ton of fun with them. We went out for a nice lunch, and then to Chuck E Cheese with them. It was great to be able to see them. I talk to April almost every day, for hours sometimes, but it still isn't the same as seeing her.


Monday night and Tuesday we spent at my sister Jess's house. Also, very fun. It was great to see Michelle and her cousin Moira(3) together. They were like best friends, laughing and playing. I got to spend some great time with the kids, although I wish I had a lot more time with them.
They even got to sample some of my home cooking, chicken broccoli alfredo, with the alfredo sauce made from scratch. The best part was just sitting around and talking to them. It was so relaxed, and fun.

Wednesday we went to the Baseball Hall of Fame, which is like spiritual experience in itself. It is an excellent reminder of what the game is, and how pure it is. Mike had never been there before (I know, how can that be?!?!?!?! He lived in NY for like 2 years, it is just nutty!) so it was really awesome to not only see all of the stuff myself, but also his reaction to seeing it for the first time.

Thursday we went to the children's museum, which is unlike anything I have ever seen anywhere else. Michelle(and Mike and I!) had a blast. Then Mike cooked an amazing dinner at my parents, so it was a relaxing night for me.
Looking at butterflies!

Friday we took Michelle to go see Sesame Street Live. It was so fun! We have seen one before, about a year ago, but this one was just too cute, and Michelle LOVED it. She was so into it.


Saturday we went to the parade in the morning(St Patty's day of course.... Don't you notice my green font?!?!). At night we went to Crystal and Mike's(friends from my parents church) and had delicious pizza and wings. They have 4 adorable(and really well behaved) kids, so Michelle had a blast with them. The 2 Mike's, Crystal and I then went to go see Uncle Plum(an amazing local band). It was so great, and we had so much fun with them.


Sunday was church, then seeing Heath and the kids. I wish I could have seen Devin more, but it was still great to see the boys and her. The kids are getting so big!!!! Sunday night we had a nice dinner and cake, and then played a super fun game.


Monday we left and came home. It was so sad. Michelle kept asking for Papa. She was heart broken when we got home and Papa wasn't here. It has been rough.

Phew, that was long.


3 comments:

cosmo said...

those pictures are so cute!

Jess said...

I miss you guys!!! Come back!! I'm your older sister so you have to listen to me. Moira keeps asking when her "best friend Shell is coming for a sleepover?"

Crystal said...

let us know the next time you come to visit so we can go out again! that was so much fun! glad to see you made it home safely.